Skip to main content

standing in the shadow of art

Our local city Art Gallery is being torn down, so they decided to have a Free For All exhibition, in which they would display any art from anyone who lives in the city. I think about 300 people turned up. We were numbers 155ish and 156ish, and it took us 4 hours to get from the back of the line to the front of the line.

Two hours of that, we spent waiting outside. The maximum temperature today appears to have been -7 C. Minus seven is very, very cold when you're waiting in line, in the shadow of an enormous concrete art gallery.

Comments

Susan said…
This is so awesome. And so amazingly accurate! That guy really was sleeping on his canvas. And that lady constantly making calls on her phone to give her people the I'm-going-to-be-late-for-lunch updates. I love it!

PS - As a slight criticism, I wouldn't be caught dead, not even frozen to death, wearing my pants that short.
vmlojw said…
I went to see the exhibish: 2,863 works of art from more than 1,300 people. Yikes! Ceiling to floor art, on every available surface.

Popular posts from this blog

The official, virtual, international, communal get-well card

Tradition states that an invalid should be brought a selection of fruit, chocolate truffles, alcohol, flowers and a soft toy with an appropriately bandaged part. Hope you enjoy them. Get well soon, Sue! Want to sign Sue's get well card? Click on "comments" and leave a message for her to read. When you have typed in your message, click "publish your comment" and your message will appear in the website.

5 Times Shane and Ilya Matched - fanart for theremustbealock

 "There’s a perfect red kiss" from Chapter 4 of  5 Times Shane and Ilya Matched Each Other's Freak (+1 Time They Kept Things Completely Vanilla)  by there_must_be_a_lock on AO3  Now also with more lipstick...  

it's nothing personal